Should you wish to make a monetary donation to the Friends to help us support the Davis Public Library, please go to the Home page and scroll down to the Donate button.
We accept Book/DVD/CD/LP donations as well as Puzzles, and Magazines.
All large donations are by appointment only. To make an appointment contact Rory Osborne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Small donations of several items (up to approximately 1–2 bags or boxes) can be placed in the Friends’ Donation slot, accessible from the library’s parking lot. The library requests that items not be left on the ground near the door or Donation slot — often they will be stolen. There are often volunteers in the Friends room, though there is no set schedule currently. Please knock loudly on the door to see if a volunteer is there to help you.
When your books, magazines, DVDs, CDs and LPs are donated to the library, they are put to good use. Your donation might become part of the library collection, sold at the Friends book sales, be sent to the Friends bookstore in Davis (Logos Books), or sold at the Library Reading Garden. Because all who work for the Friends are volunteers, 100% of the revenues are given to the library for its reading programs, as well as book, media, subscription, and equipment purchases. Unsold books might be given to various groups, including other Friends groups, community clinics, local schools, the county jail, children’s hospital programs, and Better World Books.
BOOKS WE DO NOT ACCEPT:
- Material in bad condition with mold, water damage, severe underlining, torn and/or missing covers and/or pages.
- Old textbooks (over 3 years old)
- Old computer books (over 3 years old)
- Multi volume encyclopedias or other sets such as Time/Life books, technical journals, Readers Digest condensed books.
- VHS or cassette tapes.
- We accept news or literary magazines up to 6 months old. Other types of magazines may be up to 2 years old.
- We DO NOT ACCEPT free publications, such as “AARP,” “AAA Magazine”, “Via,” etc.
Please donate only puzzles that you know are COMPLETE.
Friends of the Davis Library, P.O. Box 91 Davis, CA 95617